Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garage Sale and Spring Cleaning

It's 6:50 am on a Saturday... what the heck am I doing up so early? Well, this weekend is the HOA/Subdivisions annual garage sale and spring cleaning weekend. You all know (from previous posts) that Jim and I have been working to get the garage cleaned up and things sorted for the sale. So hopefully it goes well today and we can add to the garage door fund. What ever we have left is going to charity. Granted we have decided to put a few things on craigslist, but we are cleaning out-- finally sifting through all of his things and his father's things and that feels good. But can I tell you--holy cow the garbage we have. I bet we could fill a dumpster ourselves--I had no idea that his dad was such a packrat and I now know where Jim gets it from. How about this...We opened up one of the rubbermate tubs that belonged to dad and it had 2-20lb bags of rice in it. Who stores 40lbs of rice in a tub? Was dad planning on a mass disaster where there would be no food? The two of us hardly get through a 5lb bag in a month... good grief?!?!?!?

No comments: